Sunday, February 28, 2010

What a fab weekend!!!!

Good morning all, its Monday again, and we have to start another work week. No bother, gotta do it to get to another weekend! So how was your weekend? Good I hope for all.

I was able to get some cards done this weekend. The challenge this week at http://www.allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/ was to make a Mother's Day card. I made 2, one for my mom and another for my someday mother-in-law. The above card is my entry for this challenge the 2nd card I thought I would just share with everyone.

Well the rest of my weekend was great, I got to visit with my brother and all of our family so that we could celebrate his birthday. It was very nice there aren't many visits between all of us, we have to be careful or too much time goes by.

My son asked to play in the snow while his dad was shoveling. So I got his snowpants on him with a quickness. I got so many great shots of him playing in the snow. I have to say taking photos in the wintery snow with him playing are my favorite types of pictures to take. Plus scrapbooking those photos are always awesome too. While dad was shoveling our snow he decided to help our neighbor with her walkway up to her door. It didn't last very long but for being 5 years old
I thought that was pretty cool, she did too.

He played for about 30 minutes then asked to go in so that he could warm up. No problem! It was quite chilly.

Well the rest of my weekend was just being lazy, relaxing around the house oh and I got a fab new haircut, thank goodness for a minute there I looked like one of the Jonah's Brothers, then I started to have what I thought looked like a Carol Brady-d0. E-gads! What would have been next if I hadn't gotten a cut.....Billy Ray Cyrus for sure, you know Achey Breaky Heart days.

I did go to dinner with my men (son & bf) and naturally I played Keno. Alittle history with me and Keno well I play the same for 4 numbers every time for 5 games at $2 a game. So the prize is double. I never win :O( I decided to switch it up a bit this time, I chose 17, bf chose 36 & our son chose 5 & 80. I only played $1 games.....and guess what I won $75. I'm a winner finally!

Ok so I'm a little chatty this morning, but it truly was a terrific weekend. I'm looking forward to the next one. Have a great week everybody!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Leigh
    A couple of fab Mother's Day cards - love the sentiment. Great snow piccys too.
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, both of them. I'm so glad you joined the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card love the chipboard elements!

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete